We are expecting litters in January and February. Please check back then!
When adopting a hedgehog from Hillbilly Hogs, you will be required to pay a $75 non-refundable deposit to hold the baby of your choice. If you are placing an order for a future baby, we will contact you with pictures of the babies when they are available, and you can make your selection at that time. Babies cost anywhere from $200-$300, and your deposit will lock your choice in place; once your baby is six weeks old, you will owe the remainder of your balance. Cash payments at the time of pickup may be available by request, but please contact us if you wish to exercise this option.
Hillbilly Hogs offers $250 gift certificates if you would like to purchase a baby for someone else. This is a perfect opportunity to allow your gift recipient to select a baby of their own choosing. If the hedgehog selected is less than the cost of the gift certificate, you will be refunded the difference; if the hedgehog costs more than the gift certificate, you will owe the remaining balance before the baby is picked up. Please keep in mind that hedgehogs, like all animals, require a lot of time, love, and money to maintain a happy and healthy life. Only consider a gift certificate if the recipient is willing and able to provide this care for their hedgehog. Gift certificates not only make wonderful gifts for others, but also provide numerous benefits to the recipient. The recipient (or yourself if the gift certificate is for you) will get priority selection on babies; the only people who would have priority over you would be those who purchased gift certificates before you!
We offer a lifetime guarantee against Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome (WHS), and a 6-month guarantee against Congenital Heart problems. Any health problems discovered by you will have to be confirmed by a veterinarian, who will then submit the test results directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that at this time WHS can only be confirmed by a Necropsy, which is performed after death.
Once we notify you that your baby is ready, you have two weeks after that day to make an appointment.
- Babies go home from 6-9 weeks, depending on weight and growth.
- We allow two cancelled appointments with an hour's notice.
- If you're going to be late, please notify us. If you're more than twenty minutes late, we will ask you to reschedule.
- After the third cancelled appointment, we will charge you a $25 fee.
- If you cancel three times, we will assume you are no longer interested in the hedgehog and we will resell. A refund will solely depend on the circumstance.
As stated above, the $75 deposit is non-refundable under any circumstance. If you decide you no longer want to purchase the hedgehog, the timeline below will determine any refund you might receive:
- If the hedgehog is under 6 weeks, and you have already paid for the hedgehog in full, you will receive a full refund, minus the $75 non-refundable deposit.
- If the hedgehog is 6-9 weeks, we will refund 75% of your payment, minus the $75 non-refundable deposit.
- If the hedgehog is home with you and is between 9-12 weeks of age, we will refund 50% of your payment, minus the $75 non-refundable deposit.
- If the hedgehog is over 12 weeks of age, you will not be able to receive a refund.
While we hope this doesn’t happen, we understand that sometimes people decide a hedgehog isn’t the pet for them. We will always accept our babies back at any time no matter the age or circumstance! If you would like to return your hedgehog to us, you might be able to receive a partial refund depending on the age (see Refunds section). Any hedgehogs surrendered that are over 12 weeks of age will not be eligible for any refund.
We understand sometimes people become interested in breeding. If you become interested in breeding, please be upfront about it. We do not allow any form of breeding with our hedgehogs without our prior consent. This policy is in place to protect the animals and to ensure there are no medical issues with any resulting babies. Hedgehogs, like all animals bred professionally, require pedigrees to combat inbreeding and genetic diseases, and breeders must be properly educated to know how to handle everything that will undoubtedly come up during the breeding process. We simply ask that you discuss this with us beforehand if you are considering breeding on your own.
WE RESERVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THESE POLICIES AT ANY TIME.
WE RESERVE ANY RIGHT TO REFUSE A SALE TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME.